Joint Mailing Promotion For Authors
Thousands of new and established authors are building their reader mailing lists. Why don't we all work together? Start sharing your new promotion by joining fellow authors to grow your audience!
All cross promotions are now listed here:
|Read All Joint Mailing Promo Info and Rules||Author Testimonials||Stats|
|July Book Spotlight - Reached 181,000 Readers, see July Stats||View Final Readers Page||Booking Closed|
|September Book Spotlight||View October Book Spotlight||Booking Closed|
|November Book Spotlight||Page Under Construction||Booking Open|
Joint Mailing Promotion Information
Authors who want to participate in my new Monthly Book Spotlight (sent via our shared mailing lists), please read this page carefully and then register your interest at the bottom of this page. We also will be running a competition to win a bundle of books.
If you’d like, you can thank me by buying and reviewing my first novel The Grotto’s Secret via Amazon.CO.UK: http://amzn.to/1Y6blux and Amazon.COM: http://amzn.to/1U7TFeN. Or one of my Writiers Resource Series books on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk
There is a lot of information on this page below. The reason is to give you all the answers to the questions previous authors have asked. This saves my time going back and forth answering individual questions.
Apologies if you get the concept and don't need so much info, but I have to list everything for authors new to the concept. Please, please read ALL the info before sending me questions. July had 40 authors and it sucked a HUGE amount of my writing time so I would appreciate you taking the time to read everything before you register. Thank you!
- Register at bottom of page.
- I will promote the mailer to my mailing list of over 14.5k subscribers (They also like to review new books if you're looking for reviewers)
- I will also share on Twitter and Facebook.
- I have tried to keep the work to a minimum with just images for the first mailer. If this works well for me and participating authors I may improve on that by adding more details about the book, author and price.
- Add me as a contact into your emailing system, you will see my email below with the payment details. That way you won't miss an email. If I don't hear from you at certain points in the organisation of the promo, I will simply delete your details. I have spent too much time chasing after a handful of authors who let me down, either from lack of interest or not reading emails. Either way, please be sure you communicate, even if it is just a 'Gotcha' or even a 'BOO!
- Please do a friend request on Facebook so I can add you to a Joint Author Promo Group.
Dates To Participate
With lots going on around the first of each month and giving authors in KDP a chance to get their discounted book or free book sorted out at the beginning of the month, it will be best for us to do our joint mailing on the 7th of the month.
Rules To Participate
- In order to participate you MUST be willing to post to your mailing list and share to your social media fans. No mailing list, no entry. Sorry, but all the participating authors are all working towards getting their mailing lists established. When yours is established and running, please get back in touch.
- You can advertise free books, discounted books or fully priced books.
- I reserve the right to reject books that don’t make the grade.
- No minimum reviews or star rating needed.
- Enter a different book with each promo. If you only have one book, please contact me to discuss.
- You MUST email your mailing list on the day of the promotion. Everyone emails = everyone benefits!
- Here is an example of an email (via Mailchimp) that you will send to your mailing list. You are more than welcome to customise it with your personal information or use it as is. The essential part is the sentence with the 'Monthly Offers Link'!
- Books will be listed on a first come first served basis. The quicker you register the more chance you have of being on the 'top shelf'.
- If you're already in another mailing promo, you could consider sending one email with two or three links to the other mailing promos you are involved in. There is no harm in cross promoting as we're not in competition with other mailing lists. As Renee Pawlish says, 'It's like having more books available, but without more work, and it might induce a feeding frenzy.'
Email to Send
- IMPORTANT to please note: You do not share your subscribers with me or anyone else.
- ALL YOU DO is email your mailing list with the example email or tell them in your monthly newsletter (in a chatty way) about new books your found that they may be interested in.
- The example email is to help authors who are new to email marketing, but you are welcome to add this to your normal monthly newsletter with the link and a sentence or two or a paragraph about some new books you have found for them.
- Currently all genres are accepted, this may change but I will notify all authors of this.
Proof of Concept
See July Stats ...
What’s In It For Me
A) As I said above, if you’d like, you can thank me by buying and reviewing my first novel The Grotto’s Secret via Amazon.CO.UK: http://amzn.to/1Y6blux and Amazon.COM: http://amzn.to/1U7TFeN. Or one of my Writiers Resource Series books on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk
B) I will use tracking links for each participating author, which is fair on everyone involved. This will also show how responsive the lists are and which authors are really doing their share in the promotion :)
C) I may use affiliate links on the books to cover the costs of an assistant helping me get this set up because like you, I need to spend as much time writing! (Similie face). For anyone who is concerned about Amazon Affiliates links, I have researched this and found this excellent article which explains everything to do with affiliates links. I have also contacted the blog author and she has confirmed that what we are doing will not result in any problems with Amazon. We are able to show the links on a website ~ as I have done in the July Book Spotlight page. And as Amazon Associates links are not allowed in emails we are fine there too because my email example template does not show any affiliate links. It only links to the books page.
Another idea to encourage readers to sign up to our mailing lists is to do giveaways. As I have had success with this and grown my mailing list I invite you to do the same.
In order to encourage sharing and therefore more entries > more reader emails, we can do a book giveaway. This will mean:
- There will be a payment. That is because I will have to pay for the competition software. I use Gleam which allows images and sharing on the upgraded package.
- We all have to promote the competition and share it as widely as possible in order to share the mailing list data.
- You will send the book to the winner.
- You can choose to send a paperback or an eBook because this is listed in the T&C.
- View July Book Bundle Competition.
How The Subscriber Incentive Competition Works
- I set up a competition with Gleam (similar to Kingsumo) with the donated books (as shown above). It will look similar to this Thriller Book Bundle Giveaway.
- I add into the T&Cs of the competition that the email data will be shared by the participating authors.
- All entries are encouraged to share because this gives them extra entries, thus more chances of winning. To us more entries means more reader subscribers.
- We all promote the competition via our mailing lists (this will be included in the mail out example shown above) and via our social networks.
- At the end of the competition, authors who are sharing the competition costs get an excel sheet with the entrants emails.
- Winners are chosen and each author sends their donated book to the winner at their own expense.
- Each author can upload the data into their mailing system and each deals with their own mail outs from there on and hopefully not many unsubscribes.
- In total with the paid advertising and the combined author mailings we reached 81,000 readers
- Day one of the competition resulted in 500 entries.
- Day two ended with 875
- Day three ended with 980
* More stats on click thrus and sales will be available at the end of the promo.
November Book Spotlight Open For Bookings ... closing 20 October or when we reach the author limit